Mariah Rogers is a content writer addicted to helping brands grow their reach and engage their audience! Her passions lie in content creation, music, cooking, and spending time with her Havanese puppy, Theodore. An environmentalist herself, she is excited to contribute to HomeOrganic!
Just because you want to embrace a healthier lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to give up the delicious aspects of life! Especially around the holiday season and winter time in general, there is nothing like a sweet treat after a meal to satisfy. Purchasing organic desserts from the supermarket can feel a bit like playing roulette. Some items taste great, but have hidden chemicals, preservatives, and additives, defeating the purpose of going organic. Others include all of the healthy ingredients that you want but lack flavor and texture. In this blog, we will share three of our favorite organic cookie recipes you can whip up in your kitchen right at home.
Flourless Soft-Batch Cookies
The first recipe we are sharing might just be our favorite. These flourless soft-batch organic cookies are nutrient-packed, organic, and gluten-free for those who are sensitive to wheat. Although they are healthy, they do not lack flavor or texture thanks to the crunch of delicious nuts and seeds. The best part? You don’t have to go driving around to your health food store or splurge on expensive ingredients to make them. Most of these ingredients can already be found in your pantry at home!
Let’s start by breaking down the ingredient list, so you can gather the necessities required to bake these delicious cookies:
- Gluten-free flour. You will need 2 1/4 cups.
- ½ cup of any nut of your choice, chopped. The first thing that you will need to make these cookies is a nut of your choice, to add a boost of healthy fats and a touch of crunch! You can base your nut choice on allergies or simply personal preference. We recommend choosing walnuts, almonds, or peanuts, for the best results.
- ½ cup of chopped dates. Dates are an ooey-gooey and sweet addition to these delicious cookies. They are considered a superfood, as they are filled with fiber and can help control blood sugar.
- 1 cup of chia seeds. Chia seeds are all the rage these days. From cookies to smoothie bowls, these seeds add a touch of crunch and can help boost weight loss and lower blood pressure.
- 1 tsp of baking soda and a splash of vinegar. These two superheroes will help your cookies rise in the oven and come out fluffy.
- 1 stp of salt and a dash of vanilla. to add a savory and sweet touch to these delicious bites.
- 1 bag of vegan chocolate chips. Did you know that most dark chocolate is naturally vegan? This means you don’t have to search high and low in the supermarket to find what you are looking for. Any basic dark chocolate that is organic will do!
In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flower, chia seeds, and chocolate chips. Then, chop and combine the dates and nuts of your choice. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until doughy! These bad boys will only need about 10 minutes in the oven until they reach ooey-gooey perfection.
This is a clean recipe, making it healthy and allergy friendly.
Almond Butter Chocolate Cookies
Calling all almond butter lovers! This recipe is the one for you. These almond butter chocolate organic cookies are also paleo, for a touch of sweetness added to your house routine. They are grain-free, dairy-free, and guilt-free so that you can indulge with joy and share with your allergy-friendly friends.
The best part? These cookies only require five ingredients. This means that you won’t have to break the bank at the supermarket or make a giant mess of your kitchen. Even new bakers we’ll find this recipe easy to follow and intuitive!
Let’s get into the ingredient list:
- 1 cup of almond butter. Of course, this is the star of our recipe. You will want to opt for all-natural, organic almond butter, for the texture and consistency. The thicker, the better!
- 1 free-range organic egg.
- One-fourth cup of stevia.
- One-half tbsp of cinnamon.
- One-half cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Salt to taste
Once you have your ingredients laid out, you are ready to begin the baking process. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, and combining almond butter, egg, stevia, and cinnamon into a mixture. You will then want to roll the dough into balls and place them on a lined baking sheet so that your confections do not stick to the pan.
In just about 10 to 12 minutes, they will be done! Be sure to remove them from the oven and leave them time to set before digging in. Due to the almond butter in the recipe, they will be a bit more fragile fresh out of the oven than typical cookies. This is why it is important to let them cool and congeal prior to plating and sharing with friends.
Keep in mind that you can get creative with each and every one of these recipes. Depending on the different organic ingredients you have in your pantry, feel free to add extra touches such as cranberries, nuts, seeds, or anything your heart desires.
Classic Vegan Chocolate Chip
For those of you who are craving a taste of tradition, we’ve got your back. Just because you want to transition to an organic lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to give up nostalgic smells and tastes that remind you of childhood. This is why we have included the classic vegan chocolate chip cookie on this recipe list! These cookies pair perfectly with a glass of organic almond or oat milk, and are the perfect contribution to any cookout or gathering.
There’s nothing quite like homemade chocolate chip cookies, so let’s dive into how to make them!
You will need:
- 3/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (see above for gluten-free option)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
Be sure that all of your ingredients are organically sourced, and you are ready to go!
To make these delicious organic cookies, you will first need to mix the flour, sugar, vanilla, and dark chocolate chip into a large mixing bowl. Then, you can incorporate the baking soda, salt, and start to mix in the apple sauce (your new secret ingredient!) You can then gently stir in your almond milk and pure vanilla extract, until a smooth consistency is reached.
Once you start, you will be able to see your cookie dough come to life. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and place your dough rolled out into balls on baking sheets before placing them into the oven. Give them just about 10 minutes on the rack before pulling them out to cool.
After you have let them cool, you are free to enjoy them! The great thing about these cookies is that you can bake them in large batches and store them for later. They freeze beautifully in a tupperware and can last 3 to 6 months.
To learn more about living an organic lifestyle, contact HomeOrganic today!