Looking for Healthy, Beautiful Hair? Leave-In Conditioner May Be the Answer
Hair comes in all different types and textures. No matter what hair type you have, curly to straight, soft to coarse, finding a leave-in conditioner may be a wonderful beauty hack to add into your daily routine. Leave-in conditioner can be the answer to the different struggles you may face with your particular hair type, and can especially come in handy in dry climates, or during the winter as the heat indoors dries out both your skin and your hair, causing damage and frizz. Whatever it is that you are looking for, there may be a wonderful, all-natural leave-in conditioner to suit your needs. Here are some great options, and you may already have some handy in your home.
Easy and Natural Leave-In Conditioners
Amazingly enough, there are a couple of options that may already be in your pantry or home that can be used as a leave-in conditioner. Moreover, because these options are so simple and natural, you will be able to read and understand the ingredient list, and can choose to find organic options instead of non-organic!
- Coconut Oil: coconut oil can be a wonderful and simple alternative to other leave-in conditioners, especially for those with coarse, dry, or curly hair. If the coconut oil is in solid form, scooping a small amount onto your fingers and running it through your hair strands may help provide all-day moisture and help combat frizz.
- Sweet Almond Oil: this oil is another amazing leave-in conditioner. Rubbing a little bit of this oil into the ends of your hair while your hair is still damp after a shower will help to maintain moisture and control frizzy and dry hair.
Natural and DIY Options
If you prefer to create your own beauty products, there are some noteworthy DIY leave-in conditioners with all-natural ingredients. As with any DIY, you have full reins of what kind of product to add into your leave-in, and can opt for the healthier, organic choices when possible. Here are a couple of those DIY options:
For all hair types that are needing a bit of added moisture, this leave-in is put into a spray bottle and kept in the fridge for a maximum of three weeks. Shake the bottle before each use, and spritz as much as needed.
- 3⁄4 cup organic aloe vera gel
- 1 cup organic coconut water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon organic jojoba oil
- 2 drops essential oil of your choice(for scent).
- Combine all of the above ingredients in an adequately sized spray bottle, and store in the fridge. Spray in wet or dry hair, and brush or run your fingers through your strands to distribute.
For frizzy or curly hair types that are needing a bit of help in smoothing or softening curls, this leave-in should be used on wet hair, fresh out of the shower, and stored in an airtight container.
- 1⁄2 cup of melted, organic shea butter
- 1 tbsp organic jojoba oil.
- Combine these ingredients together, allow to cool – but not to harden. Using a handheld mixer, whip this mixture until it reaches desired texture.
- 1 tsp melted organic coconut oil
- Optional: Essential oil of your choice.
- Add these ingredients to the whipped mixture, combine together, and store. Use as much as needed on wet hair, not exceeding two tablespoons each use.
Natural Leave-In Conditioner Products
If the options above are not ideal for you, there are brands that create leave-in conditioners that are comprised of mostly natural ingredients. Here are some of these great products you may want to add into your hair care routine.
- Innersense Sweet Spirit Leave-In Conditioner: this leave-in has wonderful reviews, with an ingredient list on their product page where you are able to click each ingredient and read exactly what it is, why it is included in the ingredients, and if it is an organic ingredient or not. The reviews are full of happy consumers with hair ranging from coily to straight.
- Sienna Naturals Dew Magic Leave-In Conditioner: this is another great leave-in conditioner that has a short ingredient list with mostly naturally derived ingredients. This particular option may work best for those with curly hair, with many reviews from happy women with all-natural, afro curls.
- Carina Organics Unscented Leave-In Conditioner: a leave-in conditioner made entirely from either organic or natural ingredients that may work best for those with dry, damaged, or chemically treated hair. This leave-in is unscented, making it suitable for those with sensitivities to strong smells or fragrances.
Soft, Manageable, and Natural Hair
There are many products out there to choose from when it comes to beauty products. It can be confusing when you are trying to find the right one, especially one that aligns with your desire for all-natural ingredients. Chances are, if you have taken a peek at an ingredient list on these kinds of products, you will have to research every single one of the items listed. Hardly any ingredients used in beauty products are easily understandable, often in scientific terms, and can sometimes be toxic. Because of this, it is always better to look for products with an ingredient list that is either easier to understand, or easy to research and be sure that it is as healthy as you want your hair to look. Your inner health has a lot to do with how your hair appears – it is always best to choose the natural and organic options, as they will promote the best inner health as you choose to not expose yourself to any toxic chemicals. The amazing leave-in conditioner options listed above can be a wonderful first step towards maintaining hair health, while also giving you the reassurance that what you are using in your daily routine will benefit you in the long run, too.