Your shower routine is an essential part of your day. Maintaining a daily exercise routine is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and energy level. Whether you work out at a gym, outdoors in nature, or at home, one of the first things you probably do before continuing your day is take a shower. Everybody wants to step out of the shower feeling clean and smelling pleasant. Several bodywash products are available that fit conveniently in your gym bag and can remove the sweat and dirt that accumulate on your skin and leave you with a fresh masculine scent. Using a bodywash is quicker and easier than regular bar soap, but there are ingredients you should watch out for when selecting a bodywash. Afterall, you will be rubbing the bodywash into your skin all over your body on a daily basis. That is why we’ve put together this list of the best organic body wash products that are either unisex or designed specifically for men.
What to look for when buying body wash
The easiest way to make sure your bodywash is safe and free of synthetic dyes, artificial fragrances, and potentially harmful chemicals is to select a bodywash that is USDA-certified organic. These body washes have to pass stringent requirements for safety. If you consider a non-certified bodywash you will have to carefully inspect the ingredient list to make sure there is nothing harmful. Many ingredients in non-organic body wash are not only unnecessary but can have a number of adverse health effects including messing with your hormone levels, and contributing to the development of thyroid problems, harm to the reproductive system, and even types of cancer. Some ingredients to avoid include:
- Sulfates (Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
- Artificial Fragrance (sometimes listed just as “fragrance”)
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Propylene Glycol
Best Organic Body Washes for Men
- Bronner’s Organic Sugar Soap- This USDA-certified product has been around since 1948! This soap contains no synthetic detergents or preservatives and is packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottle. Its gentle and moisturizing formula contains organic sugar, organic oils and organic shikakai powder. It conditions and cleans your skin and hair. It is available in a variety of scents, such as lemongrass lime, spearmint/peppermint, tea tree, and lavender.
- Vermont Soap Body Wash- This body wash is available in a variety of unscented styles perfect for both men and women. It is USDA-certified organic and is also gluten-free and vegan. It’s made from certified organic ingredients such as organic aloe, organic shea butter, organic calendula extract, organic rosemary extract, and organic oils. The “clean” ingredients in this bodywash make it a perfect choice for those with sensitive skin.
- USDA Organic Lemongrass Body Wash by Be-One Organics- This USDA-certified organic body wash utilizes lemongrass oil and lemon oil to clean your body and leave it with a lemony scent. The product lists only 7 ingredients, all of which are organic. Their formula is gentle,safe, and effective for skin conditions such as Eczema, Acne, and Psoriasis.
- USDA Organic Body Wash by Peak Performance- This bodywash is unscented, USDA organic, gluten-free, vegan, and preservative-free. It includes many of the same organic ingredients as the Vermont Soap body wash. The company also operates a 1-for-1 donation program with the Nonprofit Vitamin Angels. Through this program, for every soap sold, they supply a child at risk of malnutrition with vitamins. They report over 1,000,000+ children have been helped through their program.
Organic Products – Make the Switch Today for Your Health
Choosing a natural and organic body wash is important for your skin and your health. Not only will you avoid putting harmful chemicals into your body, but the nourishing natural ingredients will help protect your skin from dryness and irritation so that you can step out of the shower clean and refreshed. There are a tremendous number of soaps and body wash products out on the market. Choosing one with the USDA organic seal is an easy way to narrow the selection. Trying one of the products featured in this article is a great place to start.